Thursday, August 26, 2010

Update! Sort of...

So here I am- moved and settled in Jacksonville, FL. I really don't have much to say at this point. I've spent my first week and a half inside unpacking while Nick is working. I just felt like I needed to post something. I love my house. Now that I have all of my stuff, it is really starting to feel like home. The first week I felt misplaced, if that makes sense. I was in an empty house by myself for most of the time. I didn't go anywhere because I hate to drive, especially by myself. So I sat here with the animals and waited for Nick to get home everyday. Now I am almost completely unpacked, and I feel more comfortable. I think I am nesting. I do this whenever we move. I turn into a little hermit, and all I want to do is stay inside until everything is right. I don't want to be around people. I don't want to go anywhere. I barely even speak. I want to arrange and rearrange my things until it feels like home. I think I am the true definition of a homebody. I LOVE to be at home. And if my home isn't a place I can come to for peace and serenity, then I will not be happy. Some people say that a house is just a place to sleep, but not for me. The place I live is so much more than that. So I'm nesting like a little bird. Nick thinks I'm sad. I'm not sad. I'm just in my head right now. I shall return when my home is right. And I will return with pictures!

Side note: We did take a little walk the other day. We walked about ten minutes down the street to all of the shops and restaurants. It gave me that big city living feeling. It was really neat. Like I mentioned before, I hate driving. So this will be very convenient for me when I am home by myself.

2 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you're happy...I'm not so glad we didn't get to hang out while you were so close to me. Keep the posting---I have you on my Google reader!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you guys are settling in well. Im going to try to put some money together so i can come down spring break. I love that town.

    ReplyDelete